How to Stitch on TikTok: The Ultimate Guide
Table of Contents
Knowing how to stitch on TikTok may seem like an overwhelming undertaking, but it’s actually fairly simple once you get started. With the right tips and tricks, you can make stitched content that looks so professionally made that you’ll be attracting attention in no time! This guide will walk you through all the steps of how to stitch on TikTok 2022 so you can grow your channel and start getting some real followers.
How to Stitch on TikTok Like a Pro
TikTok, the video app owned by Chinese media giant ByteDance, has become an instant hit with both teens and adults in the West. But there’s one feature of the platform that most people don’t even know exists—something called “stitch.”
But what exactly is stitching, and how do you do it on TikTok? In this guide, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about how to stitch on TikTok—from the basics to the advanced techniques.
What is Stitch on TikTok?
TikTok Stitch is a new way of creating TikTok videos that has quickly become popular on the app. This feature was added to the platform in September 2020. According to users, stitch is TikTok’s version of Snapchat’s lenses and Face Swap on Instagram Stories, except it allows you to stitch clips from someone else’s video and incorporate it into your own video.
A TikTok Stitch can’t be longer than five seconds, and not all TikTok videos can be stitched.
How Can I Enable Stitch on TikTok?
To enable stitch on your TikTok account, follow these simple steps:
- Open TikTok and tap the three dots in the top right corner of your user page screen. This will take you to “Settings and Privacy.”
- From there, you can scroll to “Who can stitch your videos.”
- You can select “Friends,” “Everyone,” or “No One” depending on your preference. And even after you’ve selected this option from privacy settings, you can still customize who can stitch each of your videos before posting them.
- TikTok allows you to toggle the “Allow Stitch” button every time you post so you can change your preference on individual videos.
Why Can’t I Stitch a Stitch on TikTok?
While TikTok Stitch is fairly a new feature of the app, there seems to be a problem with stitching on TikTok. Numerous users have reported that they can’t seem to stitch a stitch on the app, no matter how hard they try. Some say their stitches just don’t appear, while others claim the app crashes when they attempt to stitch.
Now, there are a few reasons why these things happen. For one, not all TikTok video creators have enabled the Stitch feature on their content. This means you can never add anything to the existing video. If your TikTok app always crashes, maybe it needs updating. It might also be because there’s something wrong with your phone or tablet.
If you’re experiencing difficulty stitching on TikTok, it might be worth trying another app or updating your device software.
Can You Stitch a TikTok with a Video from Camera Roll?
One of the most common questions asked when learning how to stitch on TikTok is: can you stitch a pre recorded video on TikTok? Unfortunately, you can’t upload or use a pre-recorded video from your camera roll when stitching. If you want to know how to stitch on TikTok from camera roll, the best way is to download the video you want to stitch, edit it, and upload it with your new video.
There are several ways to do this, but the simplest is to use an app called VideoStitch. This app allows you to edit and stitch together videos from your camera roll, making it possible to create a new video out of pieces of preexisting footage. You can also use a more advanced app like Clips or iMovie if you want to get more creative with your stitches.
Either way, before you start stitching, be sure to copy the important parts of the video you want to keep intact so you don’t lose anything in the process.
How to Stitch on TikTok with Sound
To make a stitch video on TikTok, follow these simple steps:
- Launch TikTok and open the camera.
- Tap on the screen to open the editing tools.
- Select the stitches tool from the toolbar and drag it over to your desired spot on the video.
- Press down on the scissors icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and start cutting your stitches close to each other, making sure they’re all staggered evenly across your entire stitch area.
- To add a new stitch, just hold down on the scissors icon and start stitching again in an opposite direction from where you last cut.
- When you’re finished stitching, tap on OK in the top left corner of the editing tools window to save your video and preview it in fullscreen mode before exiting TikTok.
If you want to add sound to your TikTok stitch, here are a few tips to get you started:
- First, make sure your audio file is in the correct format for TikTok. Many apps allow you to import MP3s, but some (like TikTok Studio) require that the audio be in a specific format called “TikTok Audio.” If your audio isn’t in this format, you can try converting it using a third-party app.
- Second, make sure your audio is loud enough. You may need to adjust the volume on your phone or device before uploading your video.
- Lastly, choose the right location for your sound clip. Some people prefer to have their sounds played during the intro and outro of their videos, while others like to place them throughout the video.
Tips for Making Your Stitch Videos More Successful
Knowing how to stitch on TikTok is a great way to showcase your video editing and creative skills, but it can be hard to make them successful. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your videos:
Make sure your videos are well-produced
This means having good lighting, a good camera, and proper editing. Good production will help make your videos look polished and professional, which in turn will help increase viewership and engagement.
Use interesting and engaging content to draw viewers in
Interested viewers will stick around longer, which will increase the chances of them following your TikTok account and watching more of your content. So, try to come up with topics relevant to your audience and make sure to cover all the bases when creating your videos.
Make sure also there’s a balance between funny moments and informative ones. Finally, don’t forget to create catchy titles that capture the viewer’s attention.
To create engaging content, you can try using the tool in this SmarterQueue review.
Make sure your voice is clear and easy to understand
This will help viewers connect with what you’re saying and make them want to watch your videos again and again. Here are some tips for making your voice sound clear:
- Practice speaking out loud before recording anything. This will help you get used to how your voice sounds when recorded and also help you avoid any distortion or hesitation during filming.
- Utilize a microphone specifically designed for recording video content. These microphones are designed specifically for capturing sound in a quality way, which will result in clearer videos overall.
- Use proper pronunciation when speaking English. It can be difficult to get the correct pronunciation when speaking English, but it’s important to practice regularly if you want your videos to sound professional.
Be sure to post regular updates on your progress
This will help keep your viewers interested in watching your videos, and may even encourage them to try out how to stitch on TikTok themselves! Posting regular updates on your progress will also mean you’re invested in your craft and that you’re working hard to create a great video. Additionally, you can use this technique to promote other aspects of your life, such as new music releases or blog posts.
Promote your videos online and through social media channels
When you create a new TikTok stitch video, be sure to promote it online and through social media channels to increase viewership. By promoting your videos, you’ll attract more viewers who will want to see what you’ve got. Here are some tips on how to promote your videos:
- Share your video on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This will help get the word out about your video and build interest in it among your followers.
- Use keywords in your title and description when uploading your video so it appears as though people are searching for related content. This will help bring in more viewers who are specifically interested in what you have to offer.
- Make use of tagging features on TikTok to categorize your videos by topic or genre.
- Post your videos on your website or blog or submit them to video hosting sites.
- Try marketing your videos directly to other TikTok users by creating ad campaigns, sending out targeted tweets, or through influencer marketing.
- Use a promotion tool like the one in this Facelift Cloud review.
Utilize feedback from viewers to improve future videos
One of the best ways to make your TikTok stitch videos more successful is to utilize feedback from viewers. By getting user feedback, you can improve your content and make future videos even better.
You can get user feedback by using social media or survey tools. In this way, you can gauge what people like and don’t like about your videos and make changes based on that information.
Feedback also helps you know which topics are popular and which ones need more attention. So, keep experimenting with different types of content to see what works best for you.
Finally, be sure to thank your viewers for their inputs. It shows that you value their opinion and appreciate the effort they put into watching your videos.
Best Examples of TikTok Stitch Videos
Here are some of the best stitch videos on TikTok:
NBA: Tell Me You’re an NBA Fan Without Telling Me You’re an NBA Fan
There’s a growing trend of NBA fans stitching together their own TikTok videos. Brands can take advantage of this by giving people a prompt, in this case, “Tell me you’re an NBA fan without telling me you’re an NBA fan.” Then, followers stitch the video into their own before responding. This style is a great way to get people engaged and talking about your brand.
Urban Decay: Prince 4 Ever Collaboration
Product launches have become increasingly popular over the past few years, as companies try to find new and innovative ways to stand out from their competitors. The Prince 4 Ever Collaboration is a great example of how TikTok Stitch can be part of a product launch.
According to social media posts, people have been clipping eyeshadows into their videos to create unique looks. This seems to be working because the products are generating a lot of excitement and people are getting behind them. If anything, TikTok stitch is a powerful way to reach a wider audience.
Amazon Prime Video: Michael B. Jordan Clip
Amazon Prime is perfectly placed for TikTok Stitch. After all, it has access to endless amounts of video content. This means you can find any type of video you need to make your TikTok Stitch video perfect.
In this case, the Michael B. Jordan video clip was used by people to stitch into their own video. This makes people wonder what’s going on in the scene, creating a fun and thrilling reaction at the same time. It’s a simple format, but it’s an effective way to expand your reach and drive engagement.
Create Your Own TikTok Stitch Video Now
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced TikToker, these “how to stitch on TikTok” tips will help you perfect your videos. So go forth and stitch up some sick clips. And don’t forget to share your finished product—people would love to see them!
For more TikTok marketing strategies, read this post: “TikTok Influencer Marketing Guide: Campaigns and Influencers.”