The Diamond Minecart
The Diamond Minecart, originally established in 2012 by Daniel Robert Middleton, evolved into the popular online persona known as DanTDM. Focused primarily on gaming, Middleton’s content encompasses diverse video games such as Minecraft, Roblox, Pokémon, and Sonic the Hedgehog. He initially named his channel TheDiamondMinecart, later transitioning to TheDiamondMinecart // DanTDM before finally adopting the simplified name DanTDM in 2016.
With his engaging gameplay commentary and entertaining style, DanTDM’s content primarily targets children, although it also resonates with a broad audience, including teenagers and adults. His YouTube channel, a cornerstone of his online presence, boasts an impressive subscriber count of over 26.6 million and has amassed more than 19 billion video views as of March 2023. Alongside his YouTube success, DanTDM has ventured into other platforms, such as Instagram and Twitter, where he continues to engage with his dedicated fanbase.
His substantial influence and impact in the online gaming and content creation sphere are underscored by his accomplishments, including several Kids’ Choice Awards, Guinness World Records, and his placement at the top of Forbes’ Highest-Paid YouTube Stars list in 2017, having earned £12.2 million (approximately $16.5 million) within a year.
- 2013 YouTube Creator Awards (100,000 subscribers)
- 2013 YouTube Creator Awards (1,000,000 subscribers)
- 2015 Guinness World Records: Most goals scored in a game of Rocket League for a team of 2 (shared with Tom “Syndicate” Cassell) – Winner
- 2015 Guinness World Record: Most goals scored in a game of Rocket League (team of three) – Winner
- 2015 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards: UK Favorite Tipster
- 2016 YouTube Creator Awards (10,000,000 subscribers)
- 2016 Guinness World Record: Most views for a dedicated Minecraft video channel – Winner
- 2016 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards: UK Favorite Tipster
- 2020 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in the category UK Favorite Gamer
The Diamond Minecart has partnered with Nintendo to create a series of Minecraft-themed games and toys. These products have been very popular with children, and they have helped to promote Minecraft to a wider audience.
Minecraft Marathon for Charity
In 2015, The Diamond Minecart raised over £200,000 for the charity Save the Children by streaming himself playing Minecraft for 24 hours straight.
The Diamond Minecart Book Series
The Diamond Minecart has written a series of children’s books based on his YouTube channel. The books have been very successful, with over 2 million copies sold worldwide.
Campaign Against Living Miserably
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM), a suicide-prevention charity, has collaborated with Recipe featuring The Diamond Minecart to raise awareness of mental health issues. He has created a video and a series of tweets to encourage people to talk about their mental health and to seek help if they need it.
The Diamond Minecart Toy Line
The Diamond Minecart has also released a toy line based on his YouTube channel. The toys are very popular with children, and they have helped to further his brand.