Apple Watch is one of the most popular smartwatches on the market. It has many features that allow users to stay connected and productive. As Fall begins, Apple has introduced the new Apple Watch Series 8.
You may ask: when Apple Watch 8 release date? Is Series 8 Apple Watch out? According to the company, the new watch series is now available for pre-order and will be officially launched on September 16.
With this announcement, the big question on everyone’s mind is how much the new Apple Watch Series 8 will cost. Will it be worth the price?
Let’s take a closer look at what this new model has to offer, and what improvements Apple made from the previous model.
As listed on Lifewire, the Apple Watch Series 8 starts at $399 for the regular, Wi-Fi-only version. If you want to have the base GPS and cellular version, plus three months of Fitness+, you can opt for the $499 plan.
Features of the New Apple Watch Series 8
The Apple Watch 8 boasts a host of new features that are sure to impress. These include:
- Temperature reader: A new wrist temperature feature analyzes your body temperature throughout the night for a new reading. The iPhone Health app shows the difference between your current reading (not your actual temperature) and your baseline.
- Crash detection: The Apple Watch already features fall detection that can tell when you’ve had a bad fall. When using the Apple Watch Series 8, this will improve to handle car crashes, automatically call emergency services on your behalf, and contact emergency contacts.
- International roaming: Starting with the Series 5, this feature is now available on mobile devices.
- Cycle tracking: Cycle Tracking indicates whether you have prolonged periods or abnormal cycles.
- Lower Power Mode: By turning some things off when the battery power is low, you can save battery life so it won’t suddenly run out. The significantly reduced power mode helps the Apple Watch 8 battery life last for 18 to 36 hours, as opposed to only 8 hours with regard to many models of other smartwatches.
- watchOS 9: The new OS will feature four new watch faces, an updated Siri interface, banner notifications, added metrics in the Workout app, the Sleep Stages app, AFib History, health data sharing, the Medication app to track medications and learn about drug interactions, new keyboard languages, and more.
Whether you’re a diehard Apple fan or just looking for a great new smartwatch, the Series 8 has something for you.
When it comes to the new Apple Watch Series 8, there are plenty of reasons to be excited. Here are just a few of the pros of the new model:
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear: It’s said to be made of a special material that makes it much lighter and more comfortable to wear than previous models.
- Excellent battery life: It lasts up to 18 hours on a single charge. With the low power mode feature, it can last up to 36 hours. This is due to the new and improved energy-efficient S8 processor that powers the device.
- Accurate fitness tracking: The device uses sensors to track your heart rate and calories burned, so you can see how hard you’re working out. And because its accuracy is within 2%, you can be sure the data it’s collecting is reliable.
- Robust app selection: There are plenty of options to choose from, whether you’re looking for an app to track your fitness goals or one to help you stay organized. The watch also has many third-party apps available for download.
- Attractive design: The watch is available in two different sizes, 41mm and 45mm, and there are two different case materials to choose from—aluminum and stainless steel. There are also a variety of band types available, so you can find the perfect look for you.
Overall, the new Apple Watch Series 8 is an excellent smartwatch that has a lot to offer.
Like any other product, there are some potential drawbacks to the new watch that consumers should be aware of before making a purchase:
- High price tag: This could lead to customers feeling disappointed with the product if it doesn’t live up to their expectations.
- Need for an iPhone to use it: This might limit the number of people who can use the device. It would also be an unnecessary expense for those needing to buy both an iPhone and an Apple Watch.
- Problems with connectivity: The watch may not stay connected to the iPhone when it’s more than a few feet away. Apple devices are also known to not connect to public Wi-Fi networks easily, which can be frustrating if you’re trying to conserve your data usage.
- Not waterproof: The watch is advertised as being water-resistant, but not waterproof. This means if you’re swimming or doing any other activities in water, your watch could be at risk of being damaged.
What is the Difference Between Apple Watch 7 and 8?
The Apple Watch Series 8 has a similar frequency and detector compatibility feature to the Apple Watch Series 7. However, Apple Watch 8 additionally has skin temperature stability features and a fall detector. Furthermore, it has the low power mode and full watchOS 9 updates.
It’s All About What You’re Willing to Pay
The Apple Watch Series 8 is a great addition to the Apple ecosystem. For some people, this price might be too high and they may not be willing to pay it. However, others might think that the price is worth it for all the new features being offered. Ultimately, it all boils down to what you’re willing to pay and whether having a smartwatch is really a must for you.